ASA advanced license standard in Japan
Bareboat Cruising (BBC-104)
- Once you have this BBC-104 certification, you can apply for a license IPC, the first International Proficiency Certificate to bareboat charter license issued by the ASA.
- Prerequisites: BKB-101, BCC-103, CON-105 Certification and a Japanese boat license
- General Description: An advanced cruising Standard for individuals with cruising experience. The individual can act as skipper or crew of a 30 – 50 foot boat sailing by day in coastal waters. The Standard includes knowledge of boat systems and maintenance procedures.
International Proficiency Certificate
Advanced Coastal Cruising (ACC-106)
- Prerequisites: BKB-101, BCC-103, BBC-104, CON-105 Certification and a Japanese boat license
- General Description: Able to safely act as skipper and crew of a sailing vessel about 30 to 50 feet in length. This is a day and nighttime Standard in coastal and inland water, in any weather.
Offshore Passagemaking (OPM-108)
- Prerequisites: All previous Keelboat Standards and a Japanese boat license.
- General Description: The sailor is able to safely act as skipper or crew of a sailing vessel on offshore passages in any weather. The Celestial Nav. Standard is performed.